adding new partitions

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:33:50 EDT 2005

Phil Chambers wrote:

> What do I have to do to add a new partition?  I have added it to my
> /etc/imapd.conf but createmailbox says "Unknown/invalid partition" when I try
> and add a new user to it.

Did you also create the directory/mountpoint and give it the correct
ownership/permissions?

> I did a HUP on master, not too optipistically (the man page says it just
> re-reads /etc/cyrus.cinf, not /etc/imapd.conf), but that did not help.

The services read imapd.conf when they are spawned.  If you have idle
imapd waiting for connections, they won't re-read imapd.conf.  A quick
and dirty way to force idle imapd to respawn is to simply 'touch' the
imapd binary.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer