ACLs

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Mon Oct 24 09:12:05 EDT 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Jt Chiodi wrote:
>
>> I have noticed that a sub folder of a user's INBOX does not have
>> anyone p set on it when it is created.  I am not giving my users
>> access to cyradm and do not want to change acls everytime a mailbox is
>> created.  I would like to set the default sub folder behavior to
>> anyone p.  I looked at the man for imapd.conf and the closest thing I
>> can find is defaultacl but the descripion says non-user with no
>> parent.  How can I sent the default behavior of a user INBOX sub
>> folder to anyone p
>

> If this is what you really want to do (I'm not sure that I'd
> appreciate the fact that an admin is unilaterally enabling anyone to
> post to my personal mailboxes), explicitly set 'anyone p' on the
> INBOX, and this ACL will be inherited by all submailboxes when they
> are created.

Hi all. What is the purpose/usage of "p" right?

I mean, I know what it stands for, "post" right, giving permission to
the user to post a message into that folder. So far, I have been
thinking of it in terms of mail delivery, since that is what allows
Cyrus to accept messages and file them into a particular folder. Am I
right? So, how come only the owner of a mailbox has "p"? Does Cyrus
switch to the owner, in case of a delivery?

I know I had to give "anyone" "p" on shared folders. I tried giving "p"
to user "cyrus", but it somehow did not work, not sure why. Delivery is
done from Sendmail via LMTP and I did setup auth-info, so Sendmail
should have authenticated itself as user "cyrus". Is that the right way?

Nix.