cyradm login

Jt Chiodi jt.chiodi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:35:33 EDT 2005

> Jt Chiodi wrote:
> > I am having trouble logining in as cyrus to cyradm.  I can login  as
> > regular user but I get this message if I login as cyrus
> >
> > IMAP Password:Login failed: authentication failure at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
> > line 118
> > cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with plain as cyradm
> >

> > if I do an imtest as cyrus, i get Authenticated.
> > ----
> > Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
> > Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu
>
> hmmm ... 'plain'.  are you, by any chance, attempting to auth to cyradm over TLS?
>
> cyradm, apparently, does not support auth over TLS.  i'd struggled with this same issue for a
> bit -- finally finding this approach:
>
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=36999
>
> that works.

Hi,

No, I am not trying to auth to cyradm.  I am not doing any encryption.
 plain text passwords authenticating through pam to a mysql database.
regular users are working fine.  it is just the cyrus account that
can't login.  when I do the imtest with the password for the cyrus
account it says authenticated, but when I run cyradm I get the above
error.

thanks,
 jt