sieveusehomedir true - IOERROR: not a sieve bytecode file

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:08:00 EDT 2005

I upgraded my dev box from Cyrus 2.1.18 to 2.2.12.  I have been using
.sieve files in user home directories.  After starting up 2.2.12, I get
the following error message in the logs when I send mail to my account:

Oct 18 15:40:50 mail1 lmtp[18891]: IOERROR: not a sieve bytecode file /users/u1/m/morgan/.sieve

My .sieve file is the exact same one that I'm using in the production
server running 2.1.16.

I understand that sieve files are compiled into bytecode now, but I didn't
think that would affect .sieve files in homedirs.

Is it true that .sieve files in homedirs must be compiled into bytecode as
well now?

 	Andy