Cyrus, sendmail and Cyrus SASL on CentOS4.1

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Tue Oct 11 03:59:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is the sendmail AUTH problem.
I'm using postfix and can send you the lines of code for the main.cf on postfix to handle this issue, but again you are using sendmail, so it could be different in your case:

# SASL SUPPORT FOR CLIENTS
#
# The following options set parameters needed by Postfix to enable
# Cyrus-SASL support for authentication of mail clients.
#
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

# SASL SUPPORT FOR SERVERS
#
# The following options set parameters needed by Postfix to enable
# Cyrus-SASL support for authentication of mail servers.
#
# smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
# smtp_use_tls = yes
# smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
# smtp_sasl_security_options =

## TLS
#  Transport Layer Security
#
#
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

smtpd_tls_key_file = /var/lib/imap/server.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /var/lib/imap/server.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /var/lib/imap/server.pem
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom