How to make cerificate for client installation?

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Mon Oct 10 07:40:59 EDT 2005

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I've found this on http://www.nyetwork.org/wiki/ssl_root_ca_new

"Create a PKCS#7 format of the Root CA's public certificate:

This will allow clients to easily import it into their their PKI storage places, such as Outlook Express and Netscape.

cd /usr/local/ssl.ca
openssl crl2pkcs7 -nocrl -certfile ca.crt -outform DER -out ca.pkcs7

ca.pkcs7 will only contain the public portion of the CA's certificate, so you can email it to whomever with instructions on how to import it, put it up for download, or whatever."

I used this syntax,
but it seems that I can't import it into Outlook Express certificates (I get 'success' message but no such certificate created).

Any help?

Regsrds,
Leon Kolchinsky