cyrus imap proxy?

Mark Hannessen mark at nperfection.com
Sat Oct 8 08:41:37 EDT 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 13:45, you wrote:
> One possibility is for you to setup a murder configuration.
>
> In such a setup, your 2 current machines would be backends, and the
> machine with global ip would be the frontend/murder master.

yes, that might work.
but it seems that the frontend (master) is doing authentication as well as the
backend. currently every server has his own kerberos realm to authenticate
users against. but last time I tried sasl wasn't to happy authenticating with
two kerberos realms. is it really needed to let the master check
authentication? a hostname based proxy where the backend would handle the
rest would be more then enough in my case...