IMAP authentication via LDAPS

Saltmarsh, Evan M evan.m.saltmarsh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Oct 6 15:43:16 EDT 2005

I'm having trouble getting LDAPS to work with cyrus.  We've been able to
get LDAPS to work using stunnel to encrypt the path, but if we change
the saslauthd.conf file to point to the LDAPS port, we get the following
in our syslog, and it appears the connection to the LDAP server is never
established.

Oct  6 10:39:34 tst-srvr imaps[25773]: [ID 702911 auth.notice] door call
to saslauthd server failed: Interrupted system call

Oct  6 10:39:39 tst-srvr imaps[25773]: [ID 702911 auth.notice] door call
to saslauthd server failed: Bad file number

Anybody else have problems / suggestions on how to get LDAPS
authentication to work?

Evan Saltmarsh

UNIX Systems Administrator

Information Technology Services