formail not parsing folder

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Oct 6 08:44:08 EDT 2005

Karl Boyken wrote:

> Thanks, Leon.
>
> It looks to me like either I'd need to know our users' passwords, or
> have them transfer their own mail folders, if I use imapsync.  Is this
> correct?  Or is there a way to use imapsync to transfer our users' mail
> folders without knowing their passwords?  Have you used imapsync to
> transfer folders for several hundred users?

I've never used imapsync, but if it supports either the PLAIN or
DIGEST-MD5 SASL mechs, then you should be able to proxy authenticate as
your users (authenticate using an admin password, but act on behalf of a
user).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127