Problem with timsieved on SUN

hhuseman bofh at dh9dat.de
Wed Oct 5 15:59:07 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've found many threads concerning this case, but nothing seems to help.
So, I post it to the list, and hope that someone can help me figuring
out what's going on.
Well, here's my problem:
I've just setup cyrus imapd on my SUN E250, OS is Solaris 10. Imap
itself is running perfectly well, I can login to the cyradm-shell,
create mailboxes, get my emails using imap, and so on.
The only thing which is just drivin' me nuts is timsieved. I can telnet it:

=======/snip/========
[][](22)> telnet palanthir 2000
Trying 192.168.10.21...
Connected to palanthir.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
OK
logout
OK "Logout Complete"
Connection to palanthir closed by foreign host.
cyrus(other)@palanthir:~
=========/snap/====================
okay, this works. Now, the same with sivtest:

=========/snip/=====================
sivtest -c -v -m PLAIN -u cyrus -a cyrus palanthir
S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12"
S: "SASL" "PLAIN"
S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify
subaddress relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
S: OK
Please enter your password:
C: AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN" {28+}
Y3lydXMAY3lydXMATUstSDI0ODM=
S: NO "Authentication Error"
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0
^CC: LOGOUT
Connection closed.
cyrus(other)@palanthir:~

And that's it. Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the logs, neither
/var/adm/messages nor /var/log/syslog gives any clue.
So, I hope someone here has an idea...

Thanks, and have a nice hackin',

Harald