Tiger Mail.app

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Oct 3 13:47:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

-- Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on 3.
Oktober 2005 12:17:06 -0400 regarding Tiger Mail.app:

> People using Apple Mail.app that comes with Tiger are not able to
> see messages in shared folders.  By shared I mean both other users'
> folders and bboard-type folders.

I can't confirm that. I'm using Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.4.2 against
our Cyrus 2.2.10 server and I can see all kinds of shared mailboxes just
fine.

> Shared folders are listed, and they can seemingly be opened, but
> only message numbers are shown.

Nope, I can read the actual messages.

> Have others here seen this problem?

No. Just in case it matters, here's our config:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: no
allowallsubscribe: yes
hashimapspool: true
fulldirhash: true
unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes
userprefix: user
unix_group_enable: no
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN NTLM LOGIN
singleinstancestore: yes

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK