cyradm not working after upgrade

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at mahoroba.org
Mon Nov 28 21:52:21 EST 2005

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:13:18 -0500
>>>>> Matt Singerman <matt.singerman at gmail.com> said:

matt> I recently upgraded our mailserver from FreeBSD 5.2.1 to 6.0.  Most
matt> items work perfectly fine after the upgrade (and thankfully, that
matt> includes Cyrus itself), but cyradm no longer works:

matt> # cyradm --user=cyrus localhost
matt> Can't locate Cyrus/IMAP/Shell.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
matt> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/mach
matt> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
matt> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/mach
matt> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5 .).
matt> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

matt> Now, as part of the upgrade, I installed perl 5.8 (previously, Perl
matt> 5.6 had been installed), and I am assuming that this is the root of
matt> the problem.  Is there a simple solution to fix this, such as
matt> correcting the libraries?  I already tried copying over Shell.pm to
matt> one of the searched directories, but that didn't work.  Alternately,
matt> can I reinstall cyradm, and if so, what is the best way to go about
matt> this?

The perl modules are installed into the directory which has perl
version in its name.  When you upgrade your perl, you need to
re-install the ports which install perl modules, too.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/