virtdomains: userid?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 23:46:55 EST 2005

> From: "Igor Brezac" <igor at ipass.net>
>> What actions does the "userid" value trigger?   In testing I can't see
that
>> it does anything.  Are the docs correct?
> It is not going to try to qualify unqualified usernames.

Apparently that's not true.  Unqualified names are passed along with a
realm.  From what I can tell in testing a whole range of variations of
defaultdomain, virtdomains, servername and the like, it seems it always
passes a realm onto the SQL select query.

Is it not possible to pass an unqualified name?  What configuration would
allow it?

-Bill Kearney