compiling cyrus sasl 2.1.20 with mysql support

snackaugust at arcor.de snackaugust at arcor.de
Fri Nov 25 04:17:00 EST 2005

> Your MySQL client are not in the /usr/local/mysql/lib path.
> If you have MySQL installed in /usr/local/mysql change
> --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/lib to --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
> (note not **/mysql/lib, only **/mysql) and try again. If MySQL isn't
> installed here change to the right location.
>
> configure: WARNING: MySQL library mysqlclient does not work/
>
> Means it can't find mysqlclient.
> If you haven't installed mysql you must do so.

MySQL is installed and working. Postfix and Courier are checking the
tables to transport incoming eMails already.
I do have it installed in /usr/local/mysql and I tried configuring with
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql but this doesn't help. I still get the
first and the second warning messages.

When I do a locate on mysqlclient it's in:

/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12.0.0
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.la
/usr/local/src/mysql-standard-4.1.9-pc-linux-gnu-i686/lib/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/local/src/mysql-standard-4.1.9-pc-linux-gnu-i686/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a

Any idea what's wrong?
Maybe some ldconfig?

Thanks a lot.