Berkeley DB 4.4.16 released...

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Sat Nov 19 07:16:38 EST 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:

> info-cyrus at utdallas.edu wrote:
>
>> http://www.sleepycat.com/products/bdb.html
>

> Great!  I'm still applying 4.3 compat fixes.

You lazy bones, you! :-)

Seriously, how important is it to upgrade? I'm running all my production
servers - Tru64 UNIX on DEC Alpha (No, it is not HP, nor Compaq, I do
not recognize those assholes as the bearers of the brand Alpha and
Tru64) - on Berkeley DB 4.2.52 + patches. They run smoothly.

Would I gain anything by upgrading (and recompiling all my packages) to
BDB 4.3 or 4.4?

Providing, of course, Ken can fix Cyrus source to be compatible with 4.4
branch... That shouldn't take more than few hours, right Ken? >8-))

Nix.