using imapsync and altnamespace?

David Blewett david at dawninglight.net
Sun Nov 13 19:01:56 EST 2005

> So does anyone know *for sure* how the --delete function will behave using
> imapsync?  Does it only delete that which it confirms was successfully
> transferred?

I used it to successfully move over the bulk of my mail. In my
experience, the --delete function did exactly that. It only deleted
what was successfully moved. Also, the messages are still there in the
mailbox. They're just marked as deleted now. To actually remove them
from the mailbox, you have to use expunge.

David