Can't get cyrus imapd 2.2.12 to work on a sparc

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Sat Nov 12 22:33:31 EST 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Matthijs Mohlmann wrote:

; Hi,
;
; Andy Fiddaman wrote:
; > On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Matthijs Mohlmann wrote:
; >
; Thanks a lot, that did the trick. Where can I read more about that bug ?

It's been discussed on this list before and others, try:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2005-January/002658.html
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.cyrus/16062

You might also see problems with skiplist databases - I got crashes using
annotations until I set the database type to Berkeley
(annotation_db: berkeley) and with the perl module (sometimes crashes on
exit).

Otherwise it seems rock solid in a 64-bit environment.

A.