moving mail from uw to cyrus, damaged headers?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 12:16:19 EST 2005

Hello,

Anyone know of a way to move all 'good mail' from a uw-imap imap server
to a cyrus server and have it ignore mail with bad headers?

It would appear I've got a considerable number of messages in my uw-imap
mailbox that have headers that cyrus doesn't like.  That is, if I try using
mailsync, mailutil or even a regular IMAP client like Thunderbird, pine or
OE the
messages won't 'move' because cyrus complains about bad headers.

I'm not looking to 'dummy up' cyrus' input routines.  But I'd be willing to
entertain patching cyrus to get it 'throw away' headers it doesn't like...

When I check the source on the messages there are indeed bad headers.  I
think they got there by using hotwayd to POP the messages from hotmail.
Pulled via fetchmail and delivered via dmail, but that's largely irrelevant
at this point.  They're 'in there' and they're defective but how can I skip
over them?  I want to move all the good ones off the uw-imap server over to
cyrus.  Once they good ones are moved I can try to figure out if the bad
ones are worth putting any effort into handling.

I'd even be willing to consider something that 'fixed' the mail on the
uw-imap server first.

Anyone know of decent tools for dealing with this sort of problem?

-Bill Kearney