improving concurrency/performance (fwd)

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Thu Nov 10 07:07:05 EST 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005, Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
>  Does this mean that those of us using XFS should run some testing as well?

Yes, XFS doesn't journal data in any way, AFAIK.  I don't know how one could
go about speeding up fsyncs() with it.

What I *do* know is that I don't trust spools to XFS, because anything not
fsync()'ed upon crash WILL be lost, but the metadata will likely be there
and it is a total bitch to find out what has been damaged.  You will have to
hunt the entire fs over for files containing while blocks of NULs.

  Henrique Holschuh