improving concurrency/performance

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Tue Nov 8 17:37:58 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 09:25 -0500, John Madden wrote:

> Makes me wonder why the fsync's are taking so long since the disk is performing so
> well.  Anyone know if that's actually typical?

Some time ago I wrote a little LD_PRELOAD libary that neutered fsync()
and related calls, intended for use with migration; maybe it'll help,
maybe it won't.  At any rate, if you're doing practice migrations and
aren't worried too much about trashing your test system, try it and let
me know.

http://haus.nakedape.cc/svn/public/trunk/small-projects/fakesync/

Wil
--