improving concurrency/performance

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Nov 6 15:10:55 EST 2005

--On November 6, 2005 12:51:33 PM +0100 Jure Pečar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:58:15 -0200
> Sergio Devojno Bruder <bruder at haxent.com.br> wrote:
>
>> In our experience FS-wise, ReiserFS is the worst performer between ext3,
>> XFS e ReiserFS (with tailBLAH turned on or off) for a Cyrus Backend (>1M
>> mailboxes in 3 partitions per backend, 0.5TB each partition).
>
> Interesting ... can you provide some numbers, even from memory?

I'd also be VERY interested since our experience was quite the opposite.
ReiserFS was faster than all three, XFS trailing a dismal third (also had
corruption issues) and ext3 second or even more dismal third, depending on
if you ignored it's wretched large directory performance or not.  ReiserFS
performed solidly and predictably in all tests.  Not the same could be said
for XFS and ext3.  This was about 2 yrs ago though.