mailbox listed twice

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:38:07 EST 2005

On Nov 3, 2005, at 1:57 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:

>> For some of our users I see the following when listing their
>> mailboxes.
>>
>> user.des2004.Professors and Faculty (\HasNoChildren)
>> user.des2004.Professors and Faculty (\Noselect \HasChildren)
>>
>> The mailbox is listed twice. Sometimes clients (Apple Mail) get
>> confused
>> by this (sometime you can store messages in the folder, and other
>> times
>> you can't)
>>
>> Mailbox is only listed once in the mailboxes.db
>>
>> Anyone know why this happens?
>>

> Can you capture the actual LIST/LSUB command?

Same deal with mailbox listed twice

 > imtest -t "" -a cyrus -u des2004 localhost

Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 256
c list "" "P%"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Professors and Faculty"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Professors and Faculty Fall 03"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "Professors and Faculty"
c OK Completed (0.000 secs 4 calls)
c list "" "P%.%"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Professors and Faculty.Professors and
Faculty Spring 04"
c OK Completed (0.000 secs 2 calls)

from the mailbox list (mailbox is listed only once)

cyrus at currywurst> ctl_mboxlist -d | grep user.des2004.P
user.des2004.Professors and Faculty     3       des2004 lrswipcda
user.des2004.Professors and Faculty Fall 03     3       des2004
lrswipcda
user.des2004.Professors and Faculty.Professors and Faculty Spring
04    3       des2004 lrswipcda

-Patrick