Message contains NUL characters ...

Jukka Salmi j+asg at 2005.salmi.ch
Wed May 11 12:06:25 EDT 2005

Aleksandar Milivojevic --> info-cyrus (2005-05-11 10:43:06 -0500):
> John Fawcett wrote:
>
> >by the way, while looking into the code to do the patch, I saw that
> >cyrus already carries out some modifications to messages (example
> >removing bare \r and replacing bare \n with \r\n) so there is a
> >precedent.
>
> Original Cyrus sources, or RedHat/Fedora SRPMs?  I might be wrong
> (wouldn't be the first time), but something tells me "fix bare newlines"
> patch is RedHat specific...

Original Cyrus sources. Quoting cyrus-imapd-2.2.12/imap/spool.c:

/* copies the message from fin to fout, massaging accordingly:
   . newlines are fiddled to \r\n
   . "." terminates
   . embedded NULs are rejected
   . bare \r are removed
*/
int spool_copy_msg(struct protstream *fin, FILE *fout)

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~