[POLL] unexpunge behavior

Amos info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Tue May 3 11:32:21 EDT 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:
> So, my question is, what should the *default* behavior of unexpunge be:
>
> A. only unexpunge the message and leave the \Deleted flag set as-is
> (only undo the expunge step)?
>
> B. unexpunge the message and unset the \Deleted flag (undo both the
> expunge and delete steps)?
>

> I'm of the opinion that A is the correct default behavior and admins can
> use the -d option as they see fit, but I will make the default behavior
> whatever the consensus ends up being.

In terms of the protocols and what should be done, I agree with you.
However, I have a feeling we'd always be using the '-d' anyways. I mean,
when someone cries out that they accidentally deleted a message, they
usually don't mean that we "partially" restore it for them....

Though, I guess either way makes no difference to me. Just having this
functionality will be greatly appreciated! :-)