Shared Mailboxes and Postfix

Josh Whitver whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us
Mon May 9 12:45:13 EDT 2005

"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at starnetworks.us> on Monday, May 9, 2005 at 10:25
AM -0600 wrote:
>Third, create a file in your Postfix config directory called
>'shared_folders', with contents like this:
>
>Conference yes
>
>(the second token can be anything, it just has to be present). In the
>Postfix config directory, run "postmap hash:shared_folders" to create a
>hash db from this file. Finally, add 'hash:shared_folders" to the end of
>the local_recipient_maps line in main.cf and restart Postfix.
>
>There is one downside to this configuration: Postfix will accept mail
>addressed to Conference+<anything>, then Cyrus will reject it if there
>is no matching folder. If you wish, you can list each valid shared
>folder in the shared_folders file, and don't add the
>'recipient_delimiter' option to main.cf, which will avoid this problem
>but require more maintenance as you add/remove folders.

Thanks for the help thus far, but now when I start the mail service, I get this
in /var/log/mail.log:

May  9 11:37:59 testldap postfix/master[12863]: daemon started -- version 2.1.5
May  9 11:38:40 testldap postfix/smtpd[12887]: fatal: open database
shared_folders.db: No such file or directory
May  9 11:38:41 testldap postfix/master[12863]: warning: process
/usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 12887 exit status 1
May  9 11:38:41 testldap postfix/master[12863]: warning:
/usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

I assume I put the shared_folders file (and the resulting hash db) in the
correct place (/private/etc/postfix on my system, the same location as main.cf
and master.cf), but perhaps not?
--
Josh Whitver
The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them is a