DBERROR - not enough space

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Wed May 11 03:16:58 EDT 2005

Quoting Igor Brezac <igor at ipass.net>:

>> I really don't understand what "not enough space" means...
>>

> You are running out of space in one of the Berkeley DB memory regions
> (cache logging, locking or transactions). Check
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/debug/runtime.html to see how to
> get more debug info out of the berkeley system.

I'll try this....

> What do db_stat -c -h /mail/imap/db and db_stat -m -h /mail/imap/db
> say when you run 'out of space'?

[cyrus at sbox imap]$ /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/bin/db_stat -m -h /mail/imap/db
19MB 546KB 912B Total cache size.
2       Number of caches.
9MB 792KB       Pool individual cache size.
0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space.
174336  Requested pages found in the cache (100%).
4       Requested pages not found in the cache.
356     Pages created in the cache.
4       Pages read into the cache.
7195    Pages written from the cache to the backing file.
0       Clean pages forced from the cache.
0       Dirty pages forced from the cache.
0       Dirty pages written by trickle-sync thread.
360     Current total page count.
240     Current clean page count.
120     Current dirty page count.
2062    Number of hash buckets used for page location.
174697  Total number of times hash chains searched for a page.
4       The longest hash chain searched for a page.
243433  Total number of hash buckets examined for page location.
444148  The number of hash bucket locks granted without waiting.
29      The number of hash bucket locks granted after waiting.
5       The maximum number of times any hash bucket lock was waited for.
55855   The number of region locks granted without waiting.
15      The number of region locks granted after waiting.
370     The number of page allocations.
0       The number of hash buckets examined during allocations
0       The max number of hash buckets examined for an allocation
0       The number of pages examined during allocations
0       The max number of pages examined for an allocation
Pool File: /mail/imap/deliver.db
8192    Page size.
0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space.
29748   Requested pages found in the cache (100%).
2       Requested pages not found in the cache.
112     Pages created in the cache.
2       Pages read into the cache.
1217    Pages written from the cache to the backing file.
Pool File: /mail/imap/tls_sessions.db
8192    Page size.
0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space.
144588  Requested pages found in the cache (100%).
2       Requested pages not found in the cache.
244     Pages created in the cache.
2       Pages read into the cache.
5978    Pages written from the cache to the backing file.

[cyrus at sbox imap]$ /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/bin/db_stat -c -h /mail/imap/db
6105    Last allocated locker ID.
2147M   Current maximum unused locker ID.
9       Number of lock modes.
50000   Maximum number of locks possible.
50000   Maximum number of lockers possible.
50000   Maximum number of lock objects possible.
707     Number of current locks.
732     Maximum number of locks at any one time.
1414    Number of current lockers.
1454    Maximum number of lockers at any one time.
2       Number of current lock objects.
7       Maximum number of lock objects at any one time.
195387  Total number of locks requested.
194680  Total number of locks released.
0       Total number of lock requests failing because DB_LOCK_NOWAIT was set.
41      Total number of locks not immediately available due to conflicts.
0       Number of deadlocks.
0       Lock timeout value.
0       Number of locks that have timed out.
0       Transaction timeout value.
0       Number of transactions that have timed out.
19MB 624KB      The size of the lock region..
753     The number of region locks granted after waiting.
415540  The number of region locks granted without waiting.

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at