Spam coming from list server??

Goetz Babin-Ebell goetz at shomitefo.de
Mon May 16 20:13:29 EDT 2005

Jules Agee wrote:
> Goetz Babin-Ebell wrote:
>>Alain Williams wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 07:40:25PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>>>
>>>I would also like to see '[info-cyrus]' put on the subject line.
>>
>>Your local procmail (or whatever you use) has all the info
>>it needs to do that for you.
>>
>>In my eyes it is just unnecessary noise that clobbers the subject line.
>>My sieve script stores info-cyrus mails in the correct folder...
>
> Agreed.

At most I would agree to add an identifying header line
(like List-Id: info-cyrus at andrew,cmu.edu)
to simplify the parsing.

Additionally it could be helpful to add something to the
initial welcome message.
(like "to simplify mesage filtering, messages from the
  info-cyrus mailing list get the header line ... added")

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweighs the freedom of the many