put on the subject line. was: spam

Gene Rackow rackow at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 16 17:01:10 EDT 2005

 >My MacOSX Mail application cannot sort mail from here into the right
 >postboxes.
Then you must not be doing it right.  Any message coming
through the list has in the headers:
  Sender: owner-info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu

I haven't had a problem with sorting on that with any tool that I
have tried.

While I see how some people may want to have some special identifier
in the Subject of the message, I think the claims that they can't get
things auto-sorted are exagerations.   More often it's the case
they don't want to auto-sort, but be able to quickly pick things out
of their unsorted incoming message list.

Getting the Subject line tags right can be a problem too.  Some clients
mess up various replies so you get things like
Re: [info-cyrus] RE: [info-cyrus] FWD:Re: [info-cyrus] put on the subject line.

-_Gene