CyrusIMAP and Mac OSX

websrvr websrvr at macftphttp.serverbox.org
Tue May 17 19:06:46 EDT 2005

Anyone on the list know how to configure IMAP to use mysql???

I've looked at a pam module but I couldn't build it with the provided
instruction (what little there is) and there seems to be a lot of
conjecture on how to do this.

I've been able to get sasl working nicely with mysql (libsql.so) and
postfix working nicely with mysql so virtual users who are mysql
based can send e-mail outside the network and postfix recieves mail
for them but I cannot seem to get authentication working so they can
read the e-mail.

 From what I can tell IMAP is v2.2.12

dellc:/Volumes/BuildRoot root# telnet 127.0.0.1 pop3
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK daleenterprise.com Cyrus POP3 v2.2.12-OS X 10.4.0 server ready
<2327412315.1116371102 at daleenterprise.com>
QUIT
+OK
Connection closed by foreign host.
dellc:/Volumes/BuildRoot root#

I've been told adding the contents of smtpd.conf (prepending sasl_ to
each entry) would work but this obviously doesn't unless I need to
make some additional configuartions that I'm not aware of.

-- Dale