Cyrus shared folders

Klaus P. Pieper pub.kp2.pieper at ibeq.com
Wed May 18 09:35:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

we are setting up a Cryus IMAP server (2.1.18 on Debian Sarge). Account
management is done by "saslauthd -a pam" which gets its data from a
mysql database (pam_mysql). This works fine - with this setup the mail
users don't have to have a system account.

Now we are looking for a way to set up shared folders and bulletin
boards. However, as far as I can see, the Cyrus server reads the
user-to-group relationship always from /etc/group. Is there a way to use
the database for this purpose? If not, can the Cyrus server be run
chrooted with its own /etc/group? Or is there any other workaround to
avoid using /etc/group of the base system?

Thanks Klaus