"losing" email after delivery to cyrus

Justin cyrusmail at midaliasteel.com
Thu May 26 22:18:07 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 22:58, David R Bosso wrote:

[snip];

> Those were Postfix logs, are you using LMTP to deliver to Cyrus?  What do
> Cyrus logs show?
>
> -David

Thanks David. I increased my log level and have noticed that the issue
is caused by lmtp eliminating duplicate message id's.

Obviously duplicatesuppression is enabled by default for a reason, so my
question: how to best resolve this issue? If I disable this feature and
allow duplicate messages to be delivered, then potentially that will
cause more issues than currently exist. Leaving it unchanged is clearly
not the answer, either.

Can people with more experience than I shed some light on the best
course of action, please?

Thanks,

Justin