"losing" email after delivery to cyrus

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon May 30 15:40:36 EDT 2005

[ On Friday, May 27, 2005 at 10:18:07 (+0800), Justin wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: "losing" email after delivery to cyrus
>
> Obviously duplicatesuppression is enabled by default for a reason, so my
> question: how to best resolve this issue? If I disable this feature and
> allow duplicate messages to be delivered, then potentially that will
> cause more issues than currently exist. Leaving it unchanged is clearly
> not the answer, either.
>
> Can people with more experience than I shed some light on the best
> course of action, please?

Find out why the incoming messages do not have unique message-IDs.

They should.

It really isn't very acceptable for anyone to be generating unique
messages which reuse old message-IDs.

While duplicate delivery suppression isn't _necessary_, I find that it's
highly advantageous to have on a general-purpose mail server, and I've
never had any problem with it before (only compliments!).

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>          Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>