"losing" email after delivery to cyrus

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue May 31 17:53:37 EDT 2005

[ On Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 07:31:20 (+0200), Simon Matter wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: "losing" email after delivery to cyrus
>
> Outlook does it. It's a bug which Micro$oft has fixed in Exchange, instead
> of fixing it in Outlook. Exchange generates new message IDs for every
> message because Outlook sometimes sends duplicates.

Yuck.  (though fixing it in M$-Exchange does sort of make some weird
kind of M$ sense, assuming Outlook users always use Exchange....)

How common is this bug in Outlook?  Is it just plain stupid about what
it uses to form the ID, or is there some sort of relationship to the
host configuration, etc.?  (e.g. is it just because many client hosts
end up with the same hostname?)

How about Outlook Express?  Does it suffer this same bug?

(of my big Cyrus users, most of their customers are likely to use OE)

(why do people who pay real $$$ for their software not demand real fixes!?!?!?)

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>          Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>