multiple instances?

websrvr websrvr at macftphttp.serverbox.org
Thu May 26 23:55:22 EDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 10:40 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Fr, den 27.05.2005 schrieb websrvr um 2:44:
>

>> Currnetly IMAP is bound to all IP's.
>>
>> I have 2 IP's, how do I create instances that bind to a single IP?
>>
>> -- Dale
>>

> I suggest you have a look at "man cyrus.conf", in section services for
> the "listen" directive. Instructions are pretty clear.
>
> Alexander

Apple butchers software and man pages, however, most of the upstream
function still exists and work as intended.

This is what I have on listen:

        listen=<no default>
             The  UNIX  or  internet socket to listen on.  This
string field is
             required and takes one of the following forms:

             path
             [ host : ] port

 From this I can't see how to have 2 instances of imap running
because it doesn't show two imapd conf file so what you suggest
doesn't help me.

As well EXAMPLE only gives the following.

        SERVICES {
          imap         cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=1
          imaps        cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
          lmtpunix     cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp"
          lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:lmtp"
        }

I have no clue what would be valid based on what I have in man pages
because I don't have much in there so if someone has some entries in
their cyrus.conf file that they'd share I'd be most grateful.

An explanation wont help, I don't have the reference material, from a
two or more IP example I could make it work but with nothing to look
at I'm lost.

-- Dale