multiple instances?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri May 27 12:38:17 EDT 2005

Am Fr, den 27.05.2005 schrieb Simon Matter um 18:05:

> > "host is either the hostname or bracket-enclosed IP address of a network
> > interface" [man cyrus.conf]
>
> Where do you read about the brackets? Just check the examples discussed
> today on this list, everybody seems to use ip adresses without brackets.
>
> Simon

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough. Above is a quote from "man
cyrus.conf" which is equal both on FC3 (the cyrus-imapd on FC is mainly
based on your great packaging work, as you know) and on OpenBSD 3.7.
Ok, if it works without problems not using [IP] syntax, this is fine.
Though putting plain IPs into squared brackets is a usual thing in the
mail area ;) A close look at the source code should show up how the
master deals with this configuration.

Regards

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:32:25 up 3 days, 17:10, load average: 0.44, 0.30, 0.27