Double Carriage return breaks header ..

Patrik Henningsson lists-cyrus at tripnet.se
Sat May 28 11:59:42 EDT 2005

> lists-cyrus at tripnet.se wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> We're currently running Cyrus IMAP 2.2.8 and having the following
>> problem.
>> When a message arrives via LMTP with the header "Subject:
>> SUBJECTLINErrn" the message i broken and all other header-lines after
>> this line are put in the body! This is not cute at all ..
>>
>> I suppose this "conversion" happens in spool_copy_msg()?
>

> Cyrus isn't converting anything.  What you're seeing is GIGO (garbage
> in, garbage out).  The message is broken per RFC 2822.  You should
> complain about the software that generated this message.

The problem is that most of these messages is SPAM and i don't think
they care that much ...
And these SPAM are going right trough our sieve-filter because the
header "X-Spam-Status:" is in the body.
I agree at the GIGO part but i must be able to filter out these messages.

>> The message pass through Exim, Amavis and SpamAssassin without any
>> problem before it's reaching Cyrus.
>>
>> Somebody have an idea how to correct this properly?
>

> If you want to build more intelligence into Cyrus' message parsing, we'd
> be glad to look at a patch, but we're not going to expend a lot of
> energy trying to "fix" broken messages.

Maybe we should look how we handling this in the sieve-filter code
instead of trying to fix it in spool_copy_msg()?

/PH