No mailbox problem

Dave Carrera dave at ephgroup.com
Tue May 31 01:08:27 EDT 2005

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Mon, 30 May 2005, Dave Carrera wrote:
>
>> I keep getting "Mailbox dose not excist" errors on sending myself and
>> email to activate the autocreate.
>

> How about the output of "lm" from cyradm.
> That will show what users you have.
>
> Also one error I did a few times, which you may have done is when adding
> a user to do something like:
> cm myuser at domain
>
> but you need to
>
> cm user.myuser at domain
>
> What MTA you using? Was it configured to deliver to Cyrus?
> What log files have you looked at?
>
> Not sure what OS you are in, but in my FreeBSD box I had to look at
> /var/log/auth.log
> /var/log/debug.log
> /var/log/maillog
> /var/log/messages
>
> Looking at those files I was able to better pinpoint which part of the
> system was at fault.
>
> I think it would help if you mention what MTA you are using, posting
> your imap configuration and cyrus.conf files and perhaps the MTA
> configuration files.
>
> I am a total newbie at Cyrus myself, but I think with the info above
> others will be able to better comment on your problem.
> ---

Thanks for the reply.

I fixed the issue i had. It was me. I had not done the necessary
patching mentioned on the howto website. When i did that everything
kicked in.

I then had much fun, not, adding amivisd and spamassasin which is not
working.

This lot only took 4 days......

Much thanks for the help

DAve C