multiple instances of imap

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Tue May 31 04:49:42 EDT 2005

## websrvr (websrvr at macftphttp.serverbox.org):

> I need to have two completely separate instances imap with config
> files running/

Every daemon (and other programs) from the cyrus-imapd package takes
an alternate imapd.conf with -C. The master process also takes an
alternate cyrus.conf with -M.

> Please do not refer me to man pages, my OS vendor modifies these so I
> don't have what everyone else has as far as man pages go.

You can get "the real thing" from ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/
You don't have to use the crap your OS vendor (wich one?) supplies :)

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space