PMTU Discovery???

Tanya N kessler audiocollage at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 5 11:56:17 EST 2005

Hello All,

I know this isn't directly related to Cyrus IMAP, but
I thought maybe you could help.  I recently setup
Cyrus IMAP with Sendmail using sieve on an FC3 box.  I
can successfully send mail to certain domains while at
the same time fail to send mail to other domains.
I've been digging through the web and found something
about PMTU problems with ADSL.  I am using ADSL.  It
seems that my connection just times out.  Here is my
maillog:

Mar  5 11:21:47 server sendmail[7070]: j23H8TtI004864:
to=<fooman at hotmail.com>, delay=1+23:13:14,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=4351863,
relay=mx4.hotmail.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred:
Connection timed out with mx4.hotmail.com.

I get this message for a couple of domains.  The whole
thing is kind of funny, because not even a week ago I
could send out mail to any domain with no problems.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem???

Thanks,

Thomas