high system load and disk activity after starting cyrus

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sat Mar 5 19:00:02 EST 2005

I have a WBEL3 system that I just installed my cyrus imapd 2.2.10 RPMS
(Simon Matter's RPMS) on (this is a vmware test setup system for
upgrading an existing RH 7.3 box) and when I start cyrus-imap either
with a copy of the existing spool or with no spool at all the system CPU
spikes and stays at 100% and there is constant disk access (writing at
about 3.2MB a second). and there is nothing being reported to the logs
that is letting me know what is going on.

I have another WBEL3 system (athlon 650) using the same cyrus rpms that
works perfectly fine (using it for my person 2GB+ e-mail spool). and I
have an RH 7.3 system in my vmware that works fine with 2.2.3.
So, does anyone have an clues why this would happen or how I can track
down what is causing the spike in load and disk access (ie figure out
what cyrus piece is the guilty culprit).

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/