Cyrus Data Loss / Cache corruption after

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:18:20 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Gregory Harris wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for the tip!  Much appreciated.  Just out of curiosity, you have a
> fairly large userbase over there at oregon state (I used some of your
> migration scripts--Thanks!!), have you run into any data loss like this
> before with entire folders or several messages just getting mysteriously
> deleted?  What version do you run over there?

Nope, things have been solid over here.  I haven't run into a situation
like yours though, so I can't say what cyrus would do.  However, I have
killed imapd processes by hand (to clear out ones that occasionally hang
holding a lock), and so far there have been no bad consequences.  I'm
running 2.1.16 right now.

We also have nightly backups, so we can recover (more or less) from losing
a folder.

 	Andy