Can someone reproduce this possible bug?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Thu Mar 24 11:29:10 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Eddy Beliveau wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When using an accentuated character on a subject line header,
> your client will modify the Subject line as in:
> Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=5BMy=5Ffilter=5D_Ol=E0!?=
>
> Maybe the filter mechanism see a difference between "=5BMy=5Ffilter=5D" and
> "[My filter]"
>
> Can you try to change your rule as:
>
> if header :contains "Subject" "=5BMy=5Ffilter=5D" {
>     fileinto "INBOX.myfilter";
> }

Right now, sieve won't decode =?iso-8859-1?Q?=5BMy=5Ffilter=5D_Ol=E0!?= to
[My filter], basically we need a canonical version to do matching on, but
the canonical version used for SEARCH is not suitable; Worse, since sieve
does regex matching it's conceivable that after rewriting to a canonical
form if we're not careful we may also need to rewrite the sieve script's
regex to still match on changes we made, and I'd like to avoid that.