cyradm: couldn't connect to localhost: connection refused

Thomas Mildenberger nc-mildenth at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 23 13:34:37 EST 2005

Hi,

Running debian sarge and trying to setup a mail-server with exim4, cyrus,
procmail, spamassassin. A quite normal combination, I presume.

I followed mainly the following howto:
http://home.arcor.de/hm-gerhards/linux/linux_imap.html

But now I run into problems, since cyradm refuses to connect:

qserver:/home/quax# cyradm -user cyrus localhost
application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to localhost:
connection refused

I have to add, that I work on a remote machine via ssh, if that matters.

I am shure, it's a simple solution, but I have no cue...

Regards,

Thomas