cyradm: couldn't connect to localhost: connection refused

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Wed Mar 23 14:54:46 EST 2005

## Thomas Mildenberger (nc-mildenth at netcologne.de):

> Running debian sarge and trying to setup a mail-server with exim4, cyrus,
> procmail, spamassassin. A quite normal combination, I presume.
> I followed mainly the following howto:
> http://home.arcor.de/hm-gerhards/linux/linux_imap.html

They are still talking abount Cyrus 1.5? 1.5 has been deprecated a
few years ago, and 2.2 is to be considers rock-solid-pruduction
for over a year now.

> But now I run into problems, since cyradm refuses to connect:
> qserver:/home/quax# cyradm -user cyrus localhost
> application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to localhost:
> connection refused

So make sure there is "something" listening on localhost, port 143
(Cyrus 1.5 used an inetd or suchlike superserver, IIRC).

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space