acls on shared folders

seph seph at directionless.org
Fri Mar 25 09:29:59 EST 2005

I'd like to use a couple shared imap folders to archive some of our
internal lists. I can't figure out how to make the acl do what I
want. Is there any way to avoid giving anyone the post right?

This seems to have come up countless times before, and I haven't ever
seen a conclusive answer. My lmtpd logs that it's pre-auth'ed, but I
can't figure out how to grant it rights. I found this patch
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-devel&msg=745
but it doesn't seem to have been applied to the current release. Is
there some reason that approach is wrong?

What's the right way to do this?

seph