alt namespace

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 25 11:11:34 EST 2005

We are planning to move to Cyrus and running a test server.

Using altnamespace and unixhierarchysep, we see this as expected:

c namespace
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) (("Other Users/" "/")) (("Shared Folders/" "/"))
c OK Completed

But this looks wrong:

c list "" "%"
* LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "mailbox2"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "Other Users"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "Shared Folders"
c OK Completed (0.000 secs 10 calls)

Clients that use namespace will list the contents of Other Users
and Shared Folders twice if we use this configuration, once under
"" and once under their namespaces.

What's wrong here?

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York