parse_address() and restricting SIEVE vacation replies

James Ralston qralston+ml.info-cyrus at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 25 14:51:44 EST 2005

Because of SpamCop's attitude towards autoresponders*, I wish to patch
the implementation of the SIEVE vacation extension so that it will
never respond to remote addresses.

>From looking at sieve/bc_eval.c, this actually seems pretty
straightforward to do; I can just add another test case to
shouldRespond().

There's a comment fairly early in shouldRespond:

    /* Note: the domain-part of all addresses are canonicalized */

Does this mean that parse_address() is always going to return an
addr-spec, as per RFC2822 section 3.4.1?

Thanks,
James

* http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/329.html