Date problem with Outlook Express

Yann Rouillard yann.rouillard at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Mar 29 11:02:08 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a little problem with Outlook Express and cyrus imap.
I just migrated mails from mbox format and all theses mails appears with
the same date on Outlook express.

It seems Outlook express doesn't use the From field of the mail to
determine the date, rather it seems to use the creation date of the file
corresponding to the mail on the cyrus server.

I suppose Cyrus Imap give this information to Outlook Express (arrival
date ?) using the creation time of the file, but I changed theses values
without success (even after having reconstructed the mailbox).

Any idea ?

Yann