Making saslauthd fall back on SASLdb?

Scott Balmos sbalmos at members.simunex.com
Tue Mar 29 15:31:13 EST 2005

Hi all,

I had this problem solved months ago, but that was on a different
system. I'm running imapd using saslauthd as the authentication
mechanism. saslauthd, in turn, is running through PAM, which runs to my
LDAP server, to do all authentication.

I was wondering if there was a way to get saslauthd, or imapd (whichever
is the case), to fall back onto checking the local sasldb2 database
(auxprop?). There are a few "system" accounts, like cyrus and some
system-accessible-only manager accounts, that I want to keep out of LDAP.

TIA

--Scott Balmos