Too many connection to the murder

Daniel Renaud daniel at lqt.ca
Tue Mar 29 19:17:40 EST 2005

Hi,

We have a problem since we added a new frontend (we have 3 now) ... the
mupdate server can't reply to all connection.  When we do a "lsof
-i:2004|wc" with the murder listening on port 2004, we have more than
10000 established connection and the mupdate process start increasing to
50 and dying to 1 and so on.  All these connection come from the
lmtpproxy on the frontends (3 frontends).  Is there a way to get thing
done on the frontend instead of the mupdate server and lower the number
of connection on the mupdate server ???

Thanks

Daniel